TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dalby Herald – National Finals Rodeo Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents who reside in the Dalby Herald distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, then these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Promoter is Dalby Herald Pty Ltd, 1/44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld 4405. ABN 35 010 975 854. Telephone number 07 4672 5502.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the Dalby Herald newspaper on Friday October 7, October 14 and October 21, 2016.
- Entry forms must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The contestant must place their fully completed entry form into an envelope marked Dalby Herald – National Finals Rodeo Competition; then
- Deliver or send to: Suite 1/44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld 4405.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 14).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but can win only one (1) prize.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery or by post.
- There will be 20 winners chosen via a random draw. The winners will each receive:
- One (1) day Family Pass for 2 adults and 2 children to attend the National Finals Rodeo, in Dalby on Friday November 4, 2016.
- Retail value of each pass is $60.00 (incl. of GST).
- Winners must collect their prize by no later than 12:00pm AEST Friday October 28, 2016. Prizes not collected will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw (see clause 23).
- The family passes are for the National Finals Rodeo event only and cannot be used at any other Rodeo event.
- Any costs (other than the pass) associated with attendance at the Rodeo event are the responsibility of the winner.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $1,200.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences at 8:30am AEST Friday October 7, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm AEST Friday October 21, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the Promotion Period will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via a random draw at the Dalby Herald office, Suite 1/44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld 4405 at 8:30am AEST Monday October 24, 2016.
- The prize will be awarded following winners’ validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Dalby Herald on Friday October 28, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw at the Dalby Herald office, 1/44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld. Winners will be selected by random draw at 12:05pm (AEST) Thursday October 28, 2016.
- Prize winners will be notified by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the Dalby Herald office. Government issued ID is required to confirm identity and residency.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent / legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
- All prizes must be picked up by 12:00pm Friday October 28, 2016.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
30. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
33. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.