Terms and Conditions: Dalby Herald – National Finals Rodeo Competition
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. Contestants must be Australian Residents to be eligible for entry.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must complete the entry form published in the Dalby Herald on Tuesday October 27, 2015.
Entry forms must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Contestants must complete the entry form in full, and drop the entry form into the Dalby Herald office, and place in the entry box at the address listed below.
- Deliver to: Suite 1, 44 Cunningham Street, Dalby, Qld, 4405.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry;
- One original entry form per standard envelope.
- 1 of 20 one day family passes for 2 adults and 2 children to the National Finals Rodeo being held in Dalby on Friday October 30 and Saturday October 31, 2015.
- The family pass can be used for either of these days.
- The winners must collect their prize no later than 12:00pm (AEST) Friday October 30, 2015.
- Uncollected passes will be entered into a random redraw at 12:05pm (AEST) at the Dalby Herald, Suite 1, 44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld 4405 and the redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
Total maximum value of the prize for this competition is $1,200.00 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 8:30am (AEST) on Tuesday October 27, 2015 and closes at 5:00pm on Wednesday October 28, 2015. Entries received after the closing time/date will be deemed invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winners will be selected by random draw at the Dalby Herald office, 44 Cunningham Street, Dalby at 8:30am Thursday October 29, 2015, and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Dalby Herald on Friday October 30, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Dalby Herald Pty Ltd ACN 010 975 854