EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 


CRIME WRAP: Health service raided, teen arrested for threats

Premium Content CRIME WRAP: Health service raided, teen arrested for threats

A DALBY health service was broken into, while a teenager was arrested for causing a...

Dalby mum in court for third public brawl this year

Premium Content Dalby mum in court for third public brawl this year

THE 29-year-old had previously faced court for fights in a shopping centre car...

Dalby girl awarded dux after stellar academic year

Premium Content Dalby girl awarded dux after stellar academic year

EVEN after learning chemistry, biology, and physics from home, this Dalby Christian...