Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


Local fire ban for southwest region residents

Premium Content Local fire ban for southwest region residents

QUEENSLAND Fire and Emergency Services has imposed a local fire ban for southwest...

Dalby business’ secret to success after more than 100 years

Premium Content Dalby business’ secret to success after more than 100 years

A LONGSTANDING Dalby business has revealed the secret to success with barely any...

Woman hospitalised after Warrego Hwy smash in Dalby

Premium Content Woman hospitalised after Warrego Hwy smash in Dalby

PARAMEDICS have rushed to a single vehicle crash involving a woman in Dalby. MORE...