Disqualified driver topples car days before ban lifted
JUST two days out from completing his court-ordered driving disqualification, a 19-year-old man found himself in hot water again after police discovered a "rollover-type” crash at 5.30pm on October 22.
They discovered the driver, Jade Dale Berghofer, had been disqualified from driving for three months for a prior conviction.
He appeared in the Dalby Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
Police prosecutor Senior Constable Jodie Tahana told the courtroom police arrived at the scene of a single-vehicle incident on the corner of Winton St and Wood St.
After smelling marijuana coming from the car, police searched the vehicle.
During the search, police report they located a bong.
A blood sample confirmed Berghofer had traces of amphetamine in his system.
Magistrate Davies said, "It was extremely dangerous to be driving in that condition and indeed you managed to roll the vehicle.”
Mr Berghofer was charged with five charges, three of them drug-related and others relating to dangerous driving, including driving under the influence of a drug.
He pleaded guilty to all charges and was sentenced to 80 hours of community service and 12 months' probation.
Additionally, Berghofer was served a further two-year disqualification, the mandatory minimum sentence for offenders caught driving while disqualified by court order.