Generator fumes send Sunshine Coast pair to hospital

AS the destructive winds and rain of ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie lashed the Sunshine Coast, two people were rushed to hospital after being overwhelmed by fumes from their power generator.

An ambulance was called at 6.54pm.

The two are now in a stable condition at Nambour Hospital.
 

It comes as about 80,000 Energex customers throughout south-east Queensland were left without power overnight as the giant storm cell ravaged the region.

Earlier this week, Energy Minister Mark Bailey said it may take days before power is returned.

Those using generators needed to be aware of the risks posed by carbon monoxide poisoning, fire and electrocution.

He said generators should never be used inside, including in ­garages, carports, basements, crawlspaces or any area that was at all enclosed.


$19m hot spots: The cameras catching out Qld drivers

Premium Content $19m hot spots: The cameras catching out Qld drivers

Top five worst speed camera spots pull in $19m in fines

The wonder women who kept Qld safe during pandemic

Premium Content The wonder women who kept Qld safe during pandemic

The Queensland women who’ve kept us safe