Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.


Alleged Darling Downs drug supplier arrested in Dalby

Premium Content Alleged Darling Downs drug supplier arrested in Dalby

A routine interception by Dalby police led to a large amount of dangerous drugs...

Bid to drill near Hopeland contamination site hits snag

Premium Content Bid to drill near Hopeland contamination site hits snag

Arrow’s application to drill 280 gas wells near Hopeland’s contaminated site, hit a...

Farms and farmers used as ‘feedstock’ for CSG industry

Premium Content Farms and farmers used as ‘feedstock’ for CSG industry

Chinchilla landholder advocate Shay Dougall said the CSG industry has been using...