Daniel Morcombe.
Daniel Morcombe. Contributed

Inquest into Daniel Morcombe's disappearance set to reopen

THE Queensland Coroner will reportedly reopen its inquest on the police investigation into Daniel Morcombe's disappearance and murder in 2003.

AAP reports a spokesman from the Coroners Court of Queensland confirmed the inquest would resume later this year or in early 2017.

The inquest began in October 2010 and was delayed following the arrest of Daniel's killer Brett Peter Cowan.
Cowan was convicted of murdering Daniel and is now serving a life sentence in prison. 

He was taken to hospital on Friday with burns after allegedly being attacked with a bucket of hot water by another prisoner.

The AAP report said Daniel's parents, Bruce and Denise Morcombe, had been in correspondence with the coroner.

The inquest will examine the scope of police investigation into Daniel's disappearance.


Speeding drink driver’s brush with death after dramatic Dalby crash

Premium Content Speeding drink driver’s brush with death after dramatic Dalby...

AFTER witnesses spotted the man hooning around Dalby, things quickly became ugly...

1000 jobs created in Western Downs as unemployment rate falls

Premium Content 1000 jobs created in Western Downs as unemployment rate...

WITH unemployment rates rising across Queensland, the Western Downs has swum...

Hotspot lockdowns not statewide restrictions: Premier

Premium Content Hotspot lockdowns not statewide restrictions: Premier

Annastacia Palaszczuk says decision on opening SA to be made at end of month