Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times


Steroid user caught drink driving with bucket of used needles

Premium Content Steroid user caught drink driving with bucket of used...

A GAS worker who drove drunk with a protein bucket filled with vials, and used...

Alleged drink driver’s head-on with car and horse trailer

Premium Content Alleged drink driver’s head-on with car and horse trailer

A MAN was allegedly nearly three times the limit when he was driving on the wrong...

Million-dollar farming opportunity up for sale in the Western Downs

Premium Content Million-dollar farming opportunity up for sale in the Western...

A WESTERN Downs property ideal for local farmers looking to expand is on the market...