No one injured in fire at tavern
NO ONE was injured when a fire broke out inside the Mill Street Tavern this morning.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services station officer Stewart Dundas said emergency services responded to a Triple O call at the tavern and on arrival found smoke coming from the top floor.
He said the fire was located in a small storage area with combustible materials in it.
"Great work by our blokes to limit the damage to the small stall area," he said.
He said the pub also contained living quarters, but all persons were out of the building and accounted for when emergency services arrived.
He said there were smoke detectors in the building, which were believed to be working at the time of the fire.
Emergency services responded to the call at about 10am.
Investigations are continuing.