Fire truck, firetruck, file image
Fire truck, firetruck, file image

Pet dog to blame for house fire

THE top floor of a Mangalore house has been destroyed after a pet dog knocked over a burning candle.

Crews from Bagdad, Brighton and Bridgewater attended the blaze on Mountford Drive just before 1pm today.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire on the top floor of the two-storey house.

Tasmania Fire Service said an investigation found the estimated damage to be between $60,000 and $80,000.

"A pet dog has accidentally knocked over a candle that was alight causing a fire," the statement read.

"The owners were at home at the time of the fire, however this is a timely reminder to ensure that lit candles are not left unattended."


Council moves forward with 25m Tara pool, despite uproar

Premium Content Council moves forward with 25m Tara pool, despite uproar

The Western Downs Regional Council is steadfast in their plans to replace the 50m...

Dalby man’s meltdown after noise complaint

Premium Content Dalby man’s meltdown after noise complaint

A Dalby father had to be physically restrained by police when they told him to turn...

Stoner Dalby mum found with bongs and taser

Premium Content Stoner Dalby mum found with bongs and taser

A Dalby mother of five couldn’t believe her luck when she was raided by police...