Public transport still suspended after station shooting
PEOPLE returning home from work today are expected to face delays with Ipswich train station expected to remain closed while police investigate a fatal shooting.
Rail services on the Ipswich/ Rosewood line remain suspended after police shot and killed a knife-wielding man at the Ipswich station on Sunday afternoon.
A spokesman for Translink could not predict when Ipswich line would reopen and said it was in the hands of Queensland Police.
Trains are suspended between Rosewood and Bundamba Stations.
About 20 buses are carrying affected passengers.
Customers can board these buses from:
- Existing Rosewood station stop on Railway St
- Corner of Rosewood Thagoona Rd and Thagoona Haigslea Rd
- Station entry on Railway St
- Station entry on Karrabin Rosewood Rd
- Station entry on Dixon St
Thomas St Station
- Existing Thomas St station stop on Tallon St
- Corner of Brisbane St and Bell St
East Ipswich Station
Station entry on Merton St
- Existing Booval Station stop on Yates St
Bundamba Station entrance on Mining Lne
Ipswich/Rosewood line trains remain suspended in both directions between Thomas Street and Bundamba stations following yesterday's incident requiring emergency services at Ipswich. Customers can expect delays of up to 60 minutes. https://t.co/xwL9z0rgk3 #TLAlert #TLIpswichline pic.twitter.com/PNgIzA9U7i— TransLink (@TransLinkSEQ) September 16, 2018