Roof catches fire amid construction works
EMERGENCY services responded to a call at a house on Owen Street East after builders noticed a fire had sparked underneath some roof sheeting while they were working on the house.
Neighbours say at about 12.40pm they saw the owner of the house drive around the corner of Owen Street East and into their own yard, where they attempted to minimise the blaze with a hose.
Captain Peter Mauch said the firies responded to the incident by removing the sheets off the roof and dampening the area immediately.
Capt Mauch said a bit of grinding may have caused the fire to start and said it was an accident.
Ambulances did respond to the incident, however no injuries were recorded.