SHOCKING: Huge bang wakes woman as phone bursts into flames
A MASSIVE bang woke up Allora resident Bec Bolzan and when she turned on the light, she was confronted with the unbelievable sight of her phone being engulfed in flames.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 continued to burn as it sat on her bedside table and emitted a harsh electrical smell throughout her room.
Miss Bolzan raced to her bedside table to pick up the phone, then snuffed out the flames with a piece of clothing.
The phone had been charging on the opposite side of her king-sized bed, luckily putting her out of harm's way during the explosion last week.
Miss Bolzan said the phone had only been charging for about an hour before it burst into flames, destroying her screen and melting her phone case.
"You hear of some crazy things...you just never think it would happen to you, but it did," she said.
"Technology is so advanced now and you put your trust in thinking it's getting better, but there's always that percentage.
Travel photos and personal contacts were all lost.
"Materialistic things like photos are important but at least I didn't get hurt," Miss Bolzan said.
Samsung Galaxy s7 and Galaxy Note s7 users from worldwide reported similar exploding incidents in 2016.
The Galaxy Note was recalled but not the s7 phone.
Miss Bolzan was unaware of the trouble surrounding the phone but said she had used the brand for years with no issues.
Miss Bolzan is sending the damaged phone to Samsung and is taking precautions with a replacement.
"I make sure I'm charging it when I'm around and don't charge it as long as a precaution because it freaked me out," she said.