Storms bring hail and down powerlines
DALBY has been hit a storm that brought hail and reportedly downed powerlines.
Ergon Energy website presently shows faults on Moreton St, Yarrralla Wheat Rd and Mary St.
The Bureau of Meteorology issued a warning at 12.54pm for severe thunderstorms.
The BoM said storms were likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones during the next several hours in the Wide Bay and Burnett and parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and south east Coast districts.
Locations which may be affected include Dalby, Maroochydore, Kingaroy, Noosa Heads, Hervey Bay, Cherbourg, Nanango and Rainbow Beach.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Maranoa and Warrego district and the warning for this district has been cancelled.
Tennis ball size hail (up to 7cm) was reported at Kumbia around midday.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.