TOP STORIES: News you may have missed this week
OUR news feeds are flooded with information about COVID-19 and the pandemic taking over our communities.
While we will continue to provide you all the latest and up-to-date coronavirus stories, we are also bringing you great news from Dalby and the surrounding areas.
Here are the stories from the Dalby Herald you might have missed this week:
A Dalby mother refused to wind down her window when police pulled her over.
“It seems to me that there is no exercise of discretion in our police,” Judge Mossop said.
Restrictions that previously barred spectators from viewing the races have been eased this week, Racing Queensland have announced.
MARANOA MP David Littleproud said he was proud of the Maranoa for their resilience during COVID-19 shutdowns and harsh restrictions, but admits he is still concerned about some communities.
CONTAMINATED water leaked from the Warwick Sewage Treatment Plant into the Condamine River which flows into Wednesday afternoon.
The river flows into many parts of the Western Downs including Myall Creek in Dalby and the Chinchilla Weir.
AFTER 10 weeks since the final credits rolled, cinemas in the Western Downs are set to show films again.
Council will match a $7m donation from the federal government.
DALBY’S cultural hub will receive a $7 million injection to upgrade facilities and draw vital jobs into the region.
DALBY’S container recycling depot celebrated it’s first birthday this week after processing their five millionth container at their Nicolson Street site.
THERE is widespread concern about the future of Australia’s economy after the Federal Government announced that the country is now in a recession.
Dalby Chamber of Commerce president Rohan May said the situation has been brewing for a while and the declaration of a ‘recession’ reflects what people already know.
IN HIS two years teaching Spanish at Dalby Christian College, Jason Perriotte has never been more “thrilled” with his students as he was when the results of the Education Language Perfect Championship came out.
Our communities have been shaken by the decision to cease the newspaper, but local news lives on!
FROM the moment Natalie Leis stepped into an Ella Bache salon at the age of 15, she knew she wanted to dedicate her life to helping women feel confident in the skin their in through the world of beauty therapy.
The Dalby Wheatmen board have made the heart-wrenching decision to withdraw from the 2020 rugby season following COVID-19 restrictions that made the season unviable.
The 51-year-old Jandowae woman told police to ‘f--k off’ as she tried to close a roller door on police.
Council are working to ensure all locals have access to the local paper when it moves to online only.
A 32-YEAR-OLD man tried to plead his case in Dalby Magistrate Court after he attempted to fight a group of juveniles earlier this year.