A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.
A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.

UPDATE: Baby unharmed after ingesting poisonous liquid

UPDATE, 2.40pm: The one-year-old infant who reportedly consumed a small amount of fuel at his family home has not sustained any serious injuries.

Paramedics were first called to the Boronia Close address around 1.30pm.

The little boy was assessed on scene, with no further treatment required.

INITIAL, 1.30pm: Emergency services are responding to a one-year-old child who has reportedly ingested a small amount of fuel.

It is understood the male infant swallowed the chemical around 1.20pm at a Norman Gardens home.

Early reports suggest the child came across the poisonous liquid inside a dog tin at the family home.

He then reportedly suffered a choking incident in the minutes after.

QAS are currently en route.

More to come.


CRIME WRAP: Health service raided, teen arrested for threats

Premium Content CRIME WRAP: Health service raided, teen arrested for threats

A DALBY health service was broken into, while a teenager was arrested for causing a...

Dalby mum in court for third public brawl this year

Premium Content Dalby mum in court for third public brawl this year

THE 29-year-old had previously faced court for fights in a shopping centre car...

Dalby girl awarded dux after stellar academic year

Premium Content Dalby girl awarded dux after stellar academic year

EVEN after learning chemistry, biology, and physics from home, this Dalby Christian...