VIDEO: Roads closed across Mackay and Coalfields
DAMS are filling and roads are continuing to be impacted with the wet weather.
Isaac Regional Council has reopened the Theresa Creek Dam was at a height to allow powered boats on the water for waterskiing, wakeboarding or other water sports.
Mackay Regional Council advises that as of 11am today the following roads have been closed due to recent rainfall:
- Marian-Eton Road, Marian at Sandy Creek
- Riley Road, Koumala at Green Swamp Creek
- Landing Road, Koumala
- Barrie Lane, Homebush at both crossings
- Palm Tree Road, Homebush at main crossing
- Peters Road, Bloomsbury at Peters Bridge
- Myers Road, Seaforth is open with caution
- Howells Road, Seaforth is open with caution
Dysart's Jolly Collier Hotel Motel accomidation manager Jess Gordon said the pub has a good night on Friday and there have been a few more people around, but stranded motorists were not staying at the motel.
"We were surprised. We expected to be busy but it has been quiet, " she said.
Ms Gordon said there was a lot of water around and most of the roads were still closed.
"We haven't be able to get deliveries through," she said.
She said supplies of some foodstuffs, such as meat, were getting low in town.
There are still dozens of roads cut in the Coadfields
- Peak Downs Hwy open with caution at Bee Creek
- Dysart-Saraji Rd open with caution
- Red Hill Rd closed
- Oxford Downs-Sarina Rd closed at Denison Creek
- Cheeseborough Rd closed at Sandy Creek
- Crossing Wolfang Access Rd (open with extreme caution) Airstrip Road,
- Middlemount closed Dysart-Clermont Rd closed at various locations
- The Huntley Rd closed (local access only with caution)
- Clermont-Alpha Road open at Sandy Creek, extreme caution at Mistake Creek due to boggy conditions
- Golden Mile Rd closed (severe road and culvert damage - completely impassable)
- Rolfe Creek Rd closed (7km off the Fitzroy Development Road)
- Suttor Rd closed at Bee Creek and Peak Gully
- Fitzroy Developmental Rd south of Middlemount is open with caution
- Fitzroy Development Rd north of the Middlemount intersection is closed
- May Downs Carfax Rd closed
- Kilcummin Diamond Downs Rd closed at Logan Creek
- Isaac River Rd closed
- Valkyrie Rd closed
- Cotherstone-Capella Rd
- Warwick Park Rd closed
- Lotus Creek Rd closed at Twin Bridges
- May Downs Rd closed
- Barwon Park Rd Mackenzie River-Capella Rd closed at Oakey Creek
- Mt Stuart - Bedford Weir Rd closed
- Grasstree Rd open with caution
- Carfax Rd numerous locations closed
- May Downs Rolfe Creek Rd closed
- Marlborough Sarina Rd closed (Funnel Creek)
- Tierawoomba Rd closed
- Tierawoomba Collaroy Rd closed
- Collaroy-Killarney Rd closed
- Connors River Rd closed