WARNING: Dalby in the path of severe storm system
DALBY is expected to be hit by severe thunderstorms carrying damaging winds and large hailstones this afternoon in a massive weather system drifting across regional Queensland.
The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has released a severe thunderstorm warning at 11.46am today for Dalby, Toowoomba, Kingaroy, Gympie, Maroochydore, and Rainbow Beach.
These severe thunderstorms are developing and are expected to become stronger and more extensive later this afternoon.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move their car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it‘s flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines
For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.