DISRESPECTFUL: Bay woman jailed after disrupting Anzac event

UPDATE 12.40PM: AN URANGAN woman will spend a month behind bars after she refused to leave an event held specifically for servicemen and women and their families on Anzac Day.

Sharon Louise Hall appeared in Hervey Bay Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning and pleaded guilty to four charges including public nuisance and obstructing police after she refused to leave the venue about 8am on Tuesday.

It is believed the 39-year-old woman was gatecrashing a private function for returned servicemen and women, and their loved ones.

It was reported Hall appeared intoxicated and became disruptive before she was asked to leave the venue.

Staff from the premises told the Chronicle, Hall was offered a lift home on their courtesy bus, but she refused.

Police officers were called to the scene and arrested the woman after she reportedly disrupted security guards at the venue.

Police said Hall kicked a female officer while they were trying to arrest her.

The venue is continuing its investigations into how Hall got a ticket to the private breakfast.

The venue manager said the incident was "disappointing", but it was the only disruption on the important day of commemorations.

"Aside from that, the day went really well and everyone was very respectful," the manager said.

In court, Hall was sentenced to serve two months in prison for obstructing police within a licensed premises and assault of a police officer while on duty.

For the fail to evict charge, Hall was convicted but not punished.

Hall was also ordered to serve a one-month suspended sentence and a four-month suspended sentence for previous offences.

Her parole release date was set for May 25.

EARLIER: A 39-YEAR OLD woman has been arrested for allegedly obstructing police on Anzac Day.

Police said the woman was at a licenced premises in Pialba when she allegedly obstructed the same police officer twice and failed to leave the venue.  

She faces two charges of obstruct police and a public nuisance charge.  

<<Click here for more Fraser Coast police stories and to follow the topic

The incident happened between 7.55am and 8am on Anzac Day.

The woman was held in police custody overnight and is expected to appear in Hervey Bay Magistrates Court on April 26. 

Here’s when the Western Downs is expected to get rain

Premium Content Here’s when the Western Downs is expected to get rain

Showers and hot weather will hit the Western Downs this week in the wake of a...

Queensland's worst fine dodgers revealed

Premium Content Queensland's worst fine dodgers revealed

Unpaid speeding fines reach quarter of a billion dollars

Qld vaccines ‘on track’ despite lagging behind NSW

Premium Content Qld vaccines ‘on track’ despite lagging behind NSW

Queensland lagging behind NSW in vaccination rates