Terms and Conditions: Dalby Herald_150 Years Win a Weekend Away
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of entry:
To enter, Contestants must collect and complete the entry form published in the Dalby Herald on Friday September 25, 2015.
Entry Forms must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Contestants must complete the entry, and place in an envelope marked Dalby Herald – 150 Years Win a Weekend Away, and on the back place your full name and address; then
- Send to: PO Box 5, Dalby Qld. 4405; or
- Deliver to: Suite 1, 44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld. 4405.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry;
- One original entry form per standard envelope.
2. Prizes: There are two (2) prizes to be won.
- 1 of 2 two night stays for two (2) adults in a Mountain View Room at O’ Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, Lamington National Park with activities excluding are Segway Hire and Private Guiding Tours.
- Food, beverages, incidental costs, travel, insurances or other fees and loadings are not included in the holiday.
- The winners must collect their prize by 5:00pm (AEST) Thursday October 22, 2015 or the prize will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw.
- The retail value of each holiday is $750.00 (incl. of GST).
- Holidays expire on March 25, 2016.
- Holidays not used by the expiry date will be forfeited and will not be exchanged, transferred for another prize. This prize cannot be redeemed as cash.
- Holidays cannot be used in School holiday periods, long weekends or a 2 night stay which includes a Saturday night stay e.g. a stay for a Thursday/Friday or a Sunday/Monday is considered acceptable, so long as a Saturday is not included as one of the considered days of stay.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- Please refer to www.o’reillys.com.au for further information on their terms and conditions of stay.
- The total maximum retail value of prizes for this competition is $1,500.00 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 9:00am Friday September 25, 2015 and closes at 3:00pm Friday October 2, 2015 (closing time/date). Entries received after the closing time/date will be deemed to be invalid.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter this competition. School students under the age of 18 require parent/guardian consent for the School to provide their details along with artwork for this competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winners be selected via a random draw at the Dalby Herald office, Suite 1, 44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld 4405 at 4:30pm on Friday October 2, 2015. The winners will be contacted by telephone and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Dalby Herald on Tuesday October 6, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person from the Dalby Herald unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release form confirming collection of their prize. A Parent/Guardian must accompany any child under 16 years of age to collect their prize, and must complete the Release Form on their child’s behalf. All prizes, (unless specified otherwise) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Uncollected Prize Redraw: will go into an uncollected prize redraw. The redraw will be by random draw at the Dalby Herald office, Suite 1, 44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld 4405 at 9:00am October 23, 2015. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Dalby Herald Pty Ltd ACN 010 975 854