Terms and Conditions: Dalby Herald – Dalby Herald and CEC Christmas Lights Competition – People’s Choice
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants aged under 18 years must have parent/legal guardian to be eligible to enter. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect from the Dalby Herald, the entry form published on Friday December 4, 2015 to nominate their favourite house or business.
The entry form must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The completed entry form including your nomination for people’s choice must be placed in an envelope marked Dalby Herald – Dalby Herald & CEC Christmas Lights Competition – People’s Choice with your name and address clearly marked on the back of the envelope; then:
- Send to: Suite 1/ 44 Cunningham Street, Dalby, QLD 4405; or
- Deliver to: PO Box 5, Dalby Qld 4405.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one (1) prize to be won.
One original entry form per standard envelope.
- One (1) only Woolworths Gift Voucher, retail value of $50.00.
- Woolworths Gift Vouchers may have expiry dates. Please refer to Woolworths (www.woolworths.com.au) for Terms and Conditions of inclusions and exclusions on the use of their gift vouchers.
- The total maximum retail value of prizes in this competition is $50.00 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Friday December 4, 2015 and closes at 5:00pm Wednesday December 12, 2015 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The entries will be tallied and the nominated decorated house or business with the most nominations will win People’s Choice. The tally will take place at the Dalby Herald, 1/44 Cunningham Street, Dalby, 4405 at 9:00am on Wednesday December 9, 2015 and the prize awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner’s details will be published in the Dalby Herald on Friday, December 18, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person at the Dalby Herald office unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm rightful collection of their prize. All prizes (other than specified) must be collected within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Dalby Herald Pty Ltd; Suite 1/44 Cunningham Street, Dalby Qld 4405;
ACN: 010 975 854